1. Creating a New Card
This really is so easy…but a few tips can make it faster to learn! Starting ThankYouPro will position you at the Card Front Swipe to the left or right to select from over 20 designs. Feeling creative? See the section on Customizing with Photos.
Note: Designs 7 and 14 are “all occasion” cards, i.e. they do not say “Thank You.” Choose a design by tapping on the card. You will move to the Card Inside view. Type your note here.
Tap to choose the font, text color, font size and format. You can give your note an even more handwritten look by tapping the slanted text icon. To edit your text, tap on the keyboard icon.
Note: This image can be moved to any location on the inside of the card and sized (pinched or zoomed). Be creative and have fun.
Tap the Signature Box to sign your name. Choose your color and sign your name with your finger or a stylus. This may require some practice to get the result you want so make use of the ERASE button on the bottom! Happy signing!
When you are happy with your signature, press Done.
Note: Your signature is stored so that you can use it again. You can add as many different signatures as you want. To use a stored signature, just tap on that signature. You can rotate and/or resize your signature using your index finger and thumb (pinch/zoom).
When you’re satisfied with the format of your note, press Send It in the upper right corner.
You will be in the Mail Card view. You have several choices:
• Send Real Card by Mail – envelop addressing (see details below)
• Send by Email – Enter Email address and preview of the email
• Share on Facebook – Posts a copy of your card on your wall
• Save for Later – Store in Saved cards (see Using saved cards)
Send Real Card:
You will need to address the card. First put in your return address by tapping on the Return Address field. You can choose the address from your Contacts in your phone or choose to add an address from the new address screen. The address you add will be stored in Contacts.
After placing both addresses, press Mail Card. If you are a new user, you will be asked to create an account. You can either enter an email address and password or use your Facebook account. New users will see “Free card”. If you get a free card, it will be sent when you finish creating your account.
Note: The next card will require a purchase of a stamp to mail a card.
See the section on buying Stamps. If you have purchased multiple stamps, the app will tell you how many you have left to use. When you mail the card, the app will inform you when the card has been received by ThankYouPro. It will be printed, stuffed, stamped and mailed by USPS the next day. Each card is stored in the Saved Card area of the app and can be re-used, i.e. become a template for future cards.
2. Customizing With Photos
From the Card Front view, choose the Photo option on the bottom menu. then choose Camera or Album.
Camera: Take a photo. At the preview screen, choose “Use” (Blue button on bottom menu). The next view allows you to position and size (drag or pinch) the photo. When satisfied, choose “Save as New Design” which will store this image in “My Designs”. At this point, your photo is ready to use as the cover of a new card.
Album: Choose from your iPhone library of images – Camera Roll, Photo Library, iPhone images – and select an image. Then move and size the image as needed and choose “Save as New Design”. The image will be stored in My Designs and is ready to use as the cover of a new card.
My Designs: On the Card Front view. All of your photos and images which you choose to save will be stored here. You can scroll left and right, then tap to choose an image for the cover of your card. Also, notice the List icon on the upper left which presents a list view of all saved images.
3. Using Saved Cards
Saved cards make handy templates for future cards. By editing an saved card, you will save valuable time, especially if your new card has the same cover and/or message.
Saved: On the Card Front view. All cards which you have created will be automatically stored here. Scroll left and right, then tap to choose a card. Note: As you scroll, you will see the card info under the image, i.e. the TO name, the date SENT, and the first line of your note. Also, notice the List icon on the upper left which presents a List view of saved cards. Choose by tapping the image.
Once you choose a Saved card, you will follow the steps of creating a new card:
Card Inside: Tap on the note to edit the content. You can change the font, color, size, etc. Tap on the signature to change the signature. Tap on the internal image (logo) to change. When satisfied with your changes, choose Send It and select your Send Option.
Note: If you want to use a Saved card but put a new image on the cover, do this:
• From Card Inside view, choose Front (upper left).
• Choose My Designs and scroll to select an image.
• Tap on the image.
• Choose “Apply design to existing card”. You now have a new cover to a Saved card and you will continue to the Card Inside view.
4. Buying Stamps
ThankYouPro Stamp is a credit that pays for printing your card and envelop, stuffing the envelope and mailing your card with First Class postage. You can buy from 1 to 20 Stamps at a time. Purchases are made directly on the phone and can be made via PayPal or Credit Card.
Note: If you are part of a corporate program, you will not need to purchase stamps on your phone.
5. Being Creative
From Section 2: Customizing with Photos, you see how any image can be used as a card cover and on the inside in the Logo box. Here are more ideas:
• Holiday cards/Birthday cards!
Create your own! Use Safari on your iPhone to find images you would like to use. Press briefly on the image and you will given the option to Save the image. By choosing Save, the image will be stored in your iPhone photo library. Watch out for copyrights!
You can also move photos or images from your computer to your iPhone by synching through iTunes.
• Using images on the inside:
Any image can be loaded into the Logo Box, then moved and resized. Consider making Wallpaper for the inside of your cards. The message text will be printed on Top of the image and you can change the color of the text to coordinate with your image.
Note: To edit the text, use the keyboard icon text to edit. To change the signature, move the background image enough to be able to tap on the signature.
The message text and your signature have many color options. For the signature, choose your color before signing.
• Signature Box:
Not just for signatures! You can draw pictures or symbols, make smiley faces, etc. in the signature box. You can change colors for different parts of your signature or short message. With a stylus, you can actually write a short message. Then you can move and resize the signature box on the inside of the card. Note: On the iPad in 2X mode, you can handwrite your entire message.
There are three ways to use your Facebook page.
- Log in: You can log in to ThankYouPro with your Facebook log in. This login will create a ThankYouPro account which consists of an email address and password.
- Share on Facebook: Once you have designed a card, you can choose to share it on your Facebook wall. For marketing professionals, this is a handy way to show how you are interacting with customers and prospects.
- Invite Facebook friends: Gratitude is contagious! Share ThankYouPro by sending an invitation email to Facebook friends that you select.
7. Giving Reviews & Feedback
We love to hear from our customers! If you like the app, please help us out and take a minute to give us a positive review on iTunes – choose the “i” icon on the bottom right of any view, choose Write a Review and you will go directly to the ThankYouPro page of the iTunes store.
All other feedback is also greatly appreciated. Choose the “i” icon. Give us your feedback to write us an email. We truly value feedback on usage, problems, new ideas, etc.Top
Occasionally you will encounter a situation where your card is not sent or you cannot sign on. Here are some things to try:
- Check to make sure that you have internet access. Slow or poor connections can cause sending errors. Your location may be a factor.
- Note: Your card will be saved and you can resend it when you have access.
- Try going back one step in the process (choose the Back button ) and then continue to the next step in the process.
- Close the app and restart.
Other problems: Sometimes problems occur when too many apps are running on your phone and the memory is low. To close the open apps on your phone:
- Tap the home button twice.
- At the bottom of the screen you’ll see a row app icons. These are the apps that are running. Slide your finger to move forward or backward through the apps. Chances are you’ll have more than the four that first show up.
- Touch one of the app icon’s and hold your finger on it until they all start wiggling. A small red circle will appear at the top left of the icon.
- Tap on the red circle and the app icon will disappear. The app is now no longer running in the background.
- When you’re done shutting things down tap the home button and the apps will stop wiggling.
- Tap the home button again to return to your home screen. then relaunch ThankYouPro.
* Log off from you ThankYouPro account and log back in:
From any view in ThankYouPro, choose the “i” icon (lower right) which will take you to the Account settings view. Choose Log Out. When you next attempt to send a card, you will be prompted to log back in.